.NET 4.5 is not installed. AutoCAD Electrical 2016 cannot be installed without this component. See your system administrator for more information.
Clicking OK causes the operating system to reboot.
Note: This problem can occur on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 if .NET 4.6 has been installed. Windows 10 comes with .NET 4.6 as part of the operating system.
For Windows 10, use Windows Update to make sure the following Microsoft updates are installed:
To work around the .NET error, do one of the following:
- Edit the registry to change the system’s .NET version:
- Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, enter REGEDIT and click OK.
- Navigate to and select the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftNET Framework SetupNDPv4Client
- On the right pane, make note of the value of the Version key.
- Double-click Version and change the value to 4.5.
- Close the Registry Editor and then install your Autodesk software.
- Once finished, go back in to REGEDIT and change the .NET version back to what it was.
Note: the above mentioned steps can be used on Windows 7 and 8 systems to resolve the same issue with Autodesk 2015 products.
Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (Product family) and Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2016 .NET Installation Hotfix
- Bypass the specific Autodesk product that is failing to install by deselecting it in the suite product selection page in the installer.
Note: If you are installing on Windows 10, after the installation is complete, make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 is installed.
- Open Programs and Features and click “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- Make sure the entry for .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services is selected or partially selected with a solid black box.