Microsoft Outlook can’t start Microsoft InfoPath


When launching outlook you receive a popup saying "Microsoft Outlook can’t start Microsoft InfoPath"




 Run Regedit & go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\Mail

If the "Mail" kay doesnt exisit, create it.

Create a new DWORD called “DisableInfopathForms” & set the value to 1

Reference, Links and Imges 

Read Receipts showing wrong time or time zone for Office 365 mailbox

If you get read receipts that state the time it was read was the previous day, or the time is just wrong this could be to do with the time settings on the mailbox.

Microsoft have a poor guide on this explaining WHY it happens, but does not say how to resolve it.

Here is the solution:

We can check this by first connecting to Office 365 via Azure PowerShell, and then running the follwing command. 

Get-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity [email protected] | fl

If the TimeZone is wrong, it will be obvious. You will need to change it to your users local time zone. To see a list of time zones run this command in PowerShell.

$TimeZone = Get-ChildItem "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time zones" | foreach {Get-ItemProperty $_.PSPath}; $TimeZone | sort Display | Format-Table -Auto PSChildname,Display

Once you know your time zone, run the following (replacing your correct time zone). 

Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity [email protected] -TimeZone "GMT Standard Time"


Error: "The security certificate has expired or is not valid" in Outlook

After migrating companies from on-premises exchange to Office 365, user may see the following error. 

"The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid"

This is because the local exchange server, although switched off still runs the IIS portion of exchange. The OWA is pointing users Outlook to look the the previous certificate that was used, not Microsoft's servers.

To fix this we need to amend the AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUrl value. 

1. Log on to the old on-premeises exchange and start the Exchange Power Shell

2. Check current value by running:

Get-ClientAccessServer -Identity "[SERVERNAME]" | Format-List

I would recommend screen taking a screen shot of this in case you need to revert back. Next, ping your office 365 autodiscover record and verify it's correct. E.g.


If all is OK you need to update as follows:

Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity "MBX-01" -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri ""

Once this is done, clear the DNS server cache and restart the DNS service. Then on the client machines flush dns:

ipconfig /flushdns

This should resovle the error


Outlook wont Load stuck on profile loading: Error: X-AutoDiscovery-Error: LiveIdBasicAuth:FederatedStsUnreachable: and failed logon error - STSFailure

We have an Office 365 Single Sign on environment where users were having issues starting outlook. The application would hang on loading profile. Users could not launch outlook, nor create a new profile. Users COULD log in to OWA (Office 365) and authenticate against the ADFS. 

No changes were made to the network on the on-prem nor the Office 365 environment.

We tried the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 but this tool is not supported for Single Sign on environments. 

We ran the following tests on

Single Sign on - Passed

DNS Tests - Passed

Outlook Connectivity Tests - Failed due to Autodiscover failure

Autodiscover - Failed with the following code:

A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 503 - ServiceUnavailable response was received from Unknown.
HTTP Response Headers:
Retry-After: 30
request-id: 8adf642c-4dac-4a66-972f-5963d53f2381
X-AutoDiscovery-Error: LiveIdBasicAuth:FederatedStsUnreachable:<X-forwarded-for:><ADFS-Business-682ms>failed logon error - STSFailure - '<s:Fault xmlns:s=""><s:Code><s:Value>s:Sender</s:Value><s:Subcode><s:Value xmlns:a="">a:InvalidSecurity</s:Value></s:Subcode></s:Code><s:Reason><s:Text xml:lang="en-GB">An error occurred when verifying security for the message.</s:Text></s:Reason></s:Fault>'<FEDERATED><UserType:Federated>Logon failed "".;


We confirmed connectivity to ADFS with:

We were a little stuck at this point so we contacted Microsoft for assistance.

After several hours the problem was part resolved by enabling the Modern Authentication Process.



We still have the Autodiscover errors, but this got the users working. 


The fix was to connect to Microsoft Exchange Online via PowerShell and run the follwoing:

Set-OrganizationConfig -OAuth2ClientProfileEnabled:$True



Issue has now been fully resolved. After much messing around and hours of Microsoft Sernior technicians, I spotted that the TIME on the ADFS server and the time on the ADFS Proxy server were out by 7 minutes. Each machine was on a different physical host.

I configured a tursted time source on each physical host, re-tested the and the problem was resoved!

The difference in time (+5 minutes) was the cause.

Prepare G-Mail account for Outlook | Setting up Gmail account in Outlook

You now have to enable two step authentication and create an APP Password to be able to use your G-Mail account in Outlook.


My opinion,

Complete ball ache!