21. October 2017
1. Identify the Interface Index of the NIC you want to configure.
2. Set the IP address on the desired interface
New-NetIPAddress -InterfaceIndex 4 -IPAddress 10.0.0.120 –PrefixLength 24 -DefaultGateway 10.0.0.245
3. Finally, set the DNS addresses
Set-DnsClientServerAddress -InterfaceIndex 4 -ServerAddresses ("10.0.0.115","184.108.40.206")
How do we know this worked?
14. February 2016
This guide will demonstrate how to migrate a role from one server to another; for this example we will migrate DHCP but this method can be amended to suit other roles. You should always follow Microsoft's guides and checklists when migrating roles.On source machine
Create a shared folder on the source machine called "Mig"On destination machine
Next if not already, intsall Windows Server Migration ToolsImport-Module ServerManager
smigdeploy.exe /package /architecture amd64 /os WS08 /path \\sourceserver\MigOn source machine
cd c:\Mig\<folder-name of your deployment>
Make sure the role being migrated is Installed on the destination server.
Make a note of the source NIC MAC address = getmac
Stop Service on Destinartion serverStop-Serve DHCP
Check with that it stopped with:Get-Service DHCP
Export-SmigServerSetting -FeatureID DHCP -Group -IPConfig -path C:\StorageMig -verbose
Prompted with a password.
Remove DHCP from ADnetsh DHCP delete server.domain.local 10.10.10.10On Destination server
We must import the snapin before we can use the Import-SmigServerSetting cmdlet.Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.windows.servermanager.migration
Import-Smigserversetting -FeatureID DHCP -IPConfig ALL -SourcePhysicalAddress <M-A-C-A-D-D-R-E-S-S> -TargetPhysicalAddress <M-A-C-A-D-D-R-E-S-S> -Path \\sourceserver\c$\StorageMig -VerboseStart-Service DHCP
netsh DHCP add server newserver.domain.local 10.10.10.20
3. February 2016
etworks with VOIP might require SIP ALG (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Application Layer Gateway (ALG)) disabling on a Draytek router to prevent disruption VOIP functionality.
1) Logon to the Draytek via it’s web interface, under ‘Management’ ensure that ‘Telnet’ is enabled.
2) Use Telnet via the Windows Command Prompt. (if Telnet Client is not installed you can follow this guide
3) Issue the following commands:
sys sip_alg ?
Checks if SIP ALG is enabled or not, if it is:
sys sip_alg 0
3. February 2016
If a draytek router has more than one connection to the internet, you will want to set a Load-Balance Policy
. This will ensure that the router uses the single connection so that only one IP address is used. It also provides fail-over if the main connection dies.
Here we have connected a new connection to WAN2 which is now to be the default connection.
20. January 2016
If you have issues connecting an AVG client to an AVG admin server ensure the following things are considered:
1. The server and the client must be running the same version. You cant run 2012 clients on 2016 server and visa versa.
2. Ensure you have specified port 4158 and in the admin console settings page try the FQDN is the server name alone does not work.
3. Try resetting the connection settings to defualt using the defualt button then re-enter the details.