21. September 2016
This guide assumes you have a software distribution point set up for you office 365 deployment.
1. Change the configuration.xml file to this:
2. Create or use your existing group policy to run the startup script for your office 365 deployment.
3. Reboot the machines which need Office 365 removing, the software will be uninstalled on logon.
21. September 2016
Before installing office like this you need to ensure that office has been removed from all target machines.
1. Create a software distribution share on the local network and share to all users
2. Download and configure office for deployment using the Office Deployment tools. Ensure the correct version, language, update path and architecture is configured in the configuration.xml.
3. Create two group policies: The first is to give users local admin rights and remove UAC. The second is to deploy the software.
The the permissions policy you must disable UAC and create an entry in the restricted groups as below. This policy will apply to all computers that the software is deployed to.
The second policy simply adds a login script to point to the UNC path of the Install.bat for the deployment tool.
2. September 2016
This is a new tool from Microsoft to help create the configuration.xml for the Office deployment tool.
15. January 2016
On Source Machine
You may want to sysprep the machine first, depending on what you are trying to do.
Insert WinPE Disk
net use z: \\Server\D$ Pa$$word /USER:comain.local\username
Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:z:\NewImage.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:"NewLaptop"
On Target Machine
net use z: \\Server\D$ Pa$$word /USER:domain.local\username
Prepare the Disk(This wipes the whole disk and add one partition onyl)
select disk 0
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs label="Windows" quick
You could skip this step or amend it as needed to prepare the partition as required.
Apply the Image
dism /apply-image /imagefile:z:\NewImage.wim /index:1 /applydir:c:\
bcdboot c:\Windows /s c: